Equestrian statue at the Heldenplatz

You are here:

Flying more sustainably with Austrian Airlines Green Fares

Already in summer 2022, new fares were introduced in Scandinavia that reduce 20% of individual flight-related CO₂ emissions through the use of sustainable aviation fuels (SAF) and offset the remaining 80% by supporting climate protection projects. The so-called Green Fares can now be booked for all short- and medium-haul flights on continental routes - i.e. for all European and selected North African destinations. In addition to making an important contribution to more sustainable flying, the "Economy Green" and "Business Green" fares also include extra status miles, flexible rebooking options and other benefits of the Economy Classic or Business Saver fare.

The Green Fares are available on Austrian Airlines, Lufthansa, Brussels Airlines, SWISS, Edelweiss, Eurowings Discover and Air Dolomiti. Passengers of Austria's home carrier can also reduce or offset their CO₂ emissions individually as part of the other fare models. For example, 100% sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) can be purchased directly in the booking process or for a combination of SAF and climate protection projects.

Sustainable aviation fuels (SAF) are an important lever for decarbonizing aviation, as are the continuous optimization of flight operations and investments in fleet modernization.

More information: www.austrian.com